Monday, December 30, 2013

Anticipating the New Year

 

In the past three years, I always spent my new year online, after the fire works and the food that is.

This year, I intentionally will go offline for the first part of the first week. Instead, I want to focus on the things that count and be the person I should be so that the whole year would be like it.

In the past new years, I always have a solo-after party moment. I spend the first hour of the year blogging. And listening to music or sometimes crying… I would sleep somewhere around 3 AM and wake up late to eat a sumptuous breakfast then spend the whole day feeling wretched because the holiday is about to end. I call them New Year panic attacks and cramming for crap.

But this year, I hope to spend the first day of the year differently. Different in a way that would help me be that kind of person I long to be – the daughter of the King.

What in me must die today, and what good must I allow to be born in me this New Year?

Happy New Year everyone.

2013-12-31 09.50.56

PS. Of course I did not bake that cake. I may have grown up in my mother’s kitchen but she has always despaired that I just get in the way of her cooking and baking. Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment