Monday, April 30, 2012

Waiting on God

Praying. Household Meetings. Service. Reflections. Quiet time.Bible Study.All of the above?

As God's children, we do these and more.However, it seems we have forgotten one essential thing about being beholden to an all-powerful and living God. - waiting on Him.

We pray often, sometimes in silence, sometimes muttering under our breaths or sometimes with the perfected memorized prayers coupled with beads for assurance...

We have our quiet times with praise and worship songs as background. We read and study the Bible along with helpful commentaries and dictionaries. We list down the things that touch us spiritually...

But, in these practices, we have forgotten one thing. Waiting on God.

Are we spending too much time talking that we no longer give Him the chance to give us His message? Do we often say that we leave everything to Him but end up worrying and drastically putting things to right?

I know I did. I cannot help it. I spend too much time in the secular world to fully comprehend that my God is a powerful God and my God wants me to hear Him, listen to Him and LET Him do His will in my life.

He has a wonderful plan for us. Are we letting Him work on that plan? Or are we struggling against His very will for us?

Lord, I know You know what's best for me. Teach me to trust You with all of my heart, all of my soul and all that is in me so that through me, You can work wonders.


No comments:

Post a Comment