Thursday, July 30, 2015

This is His Vineyard

 

Five years ago, God decided to place me in this field. It’s a really hungry field, a field full of weeds and little seeds. Nothing grows in this field, not much, really.The land is fallow, there’s not much water and no one’s really invested in this graveyard of lost hopes and empty promises.

When He asked me to farm this area, I agreed because I had no choice. Honestly, I did not want to become a Mobile Teacher. While I was forced to do a short stint as an Instructional Manager and Literacy Facilitator in ALS, I was the unhappiest little teacher in this corner of the world.

And then, out of the blue, God decided that I should do this work full time. Wow. I mean, I was too special and full of too much potential to be JUST a MERE Mobile Teacher. Why me, Lord? Why me?

When He sent me to a lot of seminars and trainings and when I made contact with the higher ups, I thought ALS was just a mere stepping stone for bigger things. Little did I know the bigger things He wanted me to have had nothing to do with the things I wanted for myself. I wanted a promotion, fame, fortune, position, power..

God had an entirely different music for me.And when I heard the song He was playing, I refused to dance to that crappy music anymore. I wanted to escape the painful path He wanted me to take. I wanted to turn back from this dreary road…

The disappointments still hurt. I can still associate pain with my job. There are days when I still feel like hiding under the covers on my bed and not getting up anymore. I still struggle a lot with my feelings of failure and I still cling to the principles I firmly believe in even when everyone is telling me I am out of place… but, all I know right know is this is God’s path for me… as surely as He has allowed me to wake up this day, I know this is exactly where He wanted me to be, doing what I am supposed to be doing, even while everyday, my heart is hurting and hurting… because I know the pain will end and I know He has a better plan and I surrender to His plans… I will let Him lead me wherever He wanted me to be and I will let Him bring me to places where He wanted me to go even as I continually pray that He will put my career, my work life to good order.

2015-07-30 10.35.03

2015-07-28 11.09.14

2015-07-30 10.18.44

These are some of the people I meet everyday. I just pray that He will continue to enable me to have the heart to fully commit to helping them in any way I can. I pray that He will provide us with the resources that we need. I pray that He will bless me with the wisdom to lead them, the heart to love them, and the passion to serve them..all because of Him and for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment