Thursday, April 11, 2013

Confessions of A Procrastinator

 

I procrastinate. I usually rationalize procrastinating.

For instance, when I have work to do, I always find reasons why I cannot do them immediately. One, I don’t know enough about it (so I need time to research and all that) Nerd smile. Two, I have other things I have to do first (and then end up not doing them as well because I am bothered with this pending task I must do but did not do)Thinking smile. Three, this task is not in my schedule!!! (so I end up rearranging my schedule until deadline)I don't know smile. Fourth, I need a break (and out came my mobile phone with its fancy epub reader),Princess I can do it tomorrow anyway.

Oftentimes, I would get hook with reading, researching, resting, and prioritizing or scheduling, and reading and resting and the cycle goes on and on and voila… deadline’s tomorrow…

I shut out all questions, confusions, set aside the mobile phone, throw away the calendars, and the planners and the never ending list of things to do and focus…

After about twenty minutes (if its’ just a report), or about two hours (if it’s a very lengthy and complicated report)… all done! And I am amazed at how quickly it was done… last minute creativity.

But really, it makes me feel awful because it means I never had the time to check my final output… the perfectionist defeated by time.

The need to take charge and be in control of everything I do makes me procrastinate. I want to be sure. Since I am not sure, I had to hold back and wait for the perfect time. But then, the perfect time may never come so I should just….

311970_10150329936172681_65437552680_8163036_464167038_n

 

And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew, he also predestine to be conformed to the likeness of his Son. – Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment