Tuesday, May 24, 2011

SFC CLP Talk No1:God's Love, A Reflection (Part 1)

The Singles for Christ (SFC), Passi City Chapter's, Christian Life Program (CLP) is conducted at PICS-SOF every Sunday, 9:00 to 12:00 AM.

Last May 22, 2011 was the first talk of the first Module of the training. We had God's love as our topic.

Right after learning Worship Songs, and answering Bible Trivia, the first talk, with Sis. Love, Unit Head of the Singles for Christ, Duenas Chapter, began.

I probably was not paying too much attention at first because I was sort of taken with the Bible Quiz/Trivia which was thrown at us before the Talk began. It was fun. I used to study the Old Testament as a sort of hobby (though I never did finish The Book of Chronicles (or was it Kings?)...and I was never that good with the New Testament since I kept repeating the Book of Matthew everytime I want to study the NT...so, I did not catch Sis Love's last name....

But that seemed to be okay with SFC. When I shared that news with a member who was not there that Sunday, he knew to whom I was referring to. It seems as if we want back to Biblical times wherein persons were known for their names and places of origin alone...like Jesus of Nazareth...odd, come to think of it, I am quite lucky since I have a unique name...Heaven of Passi (still odd...)

I also felt weird calling my former teacher and mentor as Sister...I mean,it implies a closer and more intimate relationship than merely being friends or colleagues with someone.Now, I have sisters and brothers in Christ...and it feels good...

Anyway, I could not seem to get the highlight of Sis Love's talk. I got distracted easily..but she started with several truths and proofs of God's love for us.

1. God created us and provides for us.
First, she mentioned the story of creation, of how God created us and everything on earth because of His great love.

Sis. Love quoted a verse from the Bible which said that Man is meant for friendship with God.

And then, she went on to ask what we have done to make God feel that we love Him? To be honest, I never did anything for God. I took Him for granted almost all the time. In this day and age, it is very easy to be distracted and loose sight of God's glorious love.

2. God has a plan for us.

Sis. Love also mentioned that God has a definite plan for us. And because of what happened to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, we placed the "human" limitation upon ourselves. Everytime we sin, we say, "I was just being human".

Sis. Love also said that God would not leave man alone to his own fate. She said that God gave us freewill to think for ourselves. He wants to bring us to Him at the end of our days and to restore our fellowship and intimacy with him.

That is God's plan for us, nothing more, nothing less. She even mentioned about how one girl would say that God does not love her and all because God supposedly allowed her boyfriend to cheat on her.

I guess such outpourings are inappropriate for us Christians. God's love has nothing to do with such worldly matters. We got hurt because we "desired" something when we should have only desired a communion with God.

I felt a little petty about my won worldly longings and dreams. This made me realize how "foolish" my life has been. Others would say I have lived a meaningful life. But after the first talk on this CLP, I realized I have not lived at all.

I have been vain, selfish, lustful, proud, and totally uncaring of others beyond my family circle. I have played it safe for so long. I have worked so hard and I have forgotten God.

I would like to make God the center of everything in my life starting now. And yes, I am a work in progress...I still have those deeply embedded sins within me but I hope to be blessed by God's gracious love so that I may realize His purpose for me.

This post is already too long for now so I guess I'll just post the second part of Sis. Love's lecture in another entry.

It talks about the pitfalls of the modern world and what we should do, as Christians, to avoid them.

No comments:

Post a Comment