Monday, May 23, 2011

Christian Life Program; A Calling

I joined the Singles for Christ's Christian Life Program, a twelve-week initiation of talks and lessons on Christian living which is conducted for interested single Christian men and women who wants to join SFC.

Last May 15, 2011, a good number of newbies like me attended the Orientation for the CLP at the PICs-SOF Building. The service team introduced the significance of what we are doing.

Bro. J.R. Pagdato, gave a short talk. He said that there are four types of people, the poor, the captive, the blind and the oppressed.

He also mentioned that the modern world is experiencing a lot of problems. He mentioned something about spiritual blindness, moral degeneration, promiscuity and homosexuality, greed and others. Among the causes he mentioned were: economic hard times, sociological reasons (society's lack of objective. He also said that in the early days, Christians did not easily trade off their principles. Now, we hear sayings like can you eat your principles? What does that say about us?

Bro. J.R. alos quoted Rick Warren, author of A Purpose Driven Life. "The biggest tragedy in life is not death but a life without purpose."I agree. It's like being one of the "living-dead", so to speak.

Then,he asked why we are lacking in spiritual power? He then gave the following answer:
1. Unwillingness to give up sin (this may be due to the lack of a serious sin)
2. Lack of personal relationship with Jesus
3. Lack of Christian support
4. Not living in the power of the Holy Spirit

There were a lot of realizations for me after the Bro. J.R.'s talk. It was enlightening. Reading about it all the time, and reflecting about it later on is different from having heard it spoken and discussed in that way.

I am glad Sis Flo, Sis Roxan and Bro. Dandy actually invited me to join the CLP. To quote the Service Team, they were, indeed, God's instruments to bring me into a fold of believers where I can truly express my faith, learn things I would not normally learn on my own, and share my faith with a community of believers who seem to accept me as I am.

The Christian Life Program of the SFC, according to our Brothers and Sisters in teh Service Team, has three modules with four sessions per modules.

In the first module, we have four talks:
1. God's Love
2. Who is Jesus Christ?
3. What it Means to be a Christian?
4. Repentance and Faith.

I am looking forward to more sessions. I will try my best not to miss any of the talks or sessions because it's a continuous thing.

I am really thankful to God for this chance. I thought that was all there is to it. I am glad to know there's more...

No comments:

Post a Comment